04 August 2009

What I {Untangled} Today



So tomorrow I am going to "The Happiest Happy Hour" with some work colleagues. I have a lovely dress that I plan to wear. As I was planning my attire I realized, oh my! I have not picked out any jewelry for my ensemble! So I set to work looking for the perfect accent piece. While rummaging through my jewelry box I discovered the ghastly mess above. Tangled anything is a pain (I think I still have scars on my skull from my mother trying to get knots out of my hair as a youth) but tangled jewelry is the WORST. So I set to work.



I was able to determine there were four poor necklaces trapped in the scuffle. I then soon realized that there was one incredibly thin chain causing the disruption. The skanky little chain had weaved itself all inside the larger links of another necklace. It weaseled its way in there but was incredibly stubborn about getting out. (Side note: pardon the freckles on my hands, I think it's weird to have freckles on one's hands, but frankly there is nothing I can do about it)


Just when I thought my hand was about to cramp, the skanky one was freed!

After much blood, sweat, and tears...all of which I will spare you, the chunky one got loose! Then it was down to the final two...

So intertwined, you wouldn't know they weren't supposed to look like that. But I know, and I was determined to end this.


Freedom!


F-R-E-E that spells free!


Now that I've been through hell and back I can reflect on this moment in my life. I feel a lot like Liv Tyler did in the movie, That Thing You Do. In the scene after she finally realizes she needs to dump that Jimmy loser. She tearfully but defiantly states,
"I have wasted thousands and thousands of kisses on you - kisses that I thought were special because of your lips and your smile and all your color and life. I used to think that was the real you, when you smiled. But now I know you don't mean any of it. You just save it for all your songs. Shame on me for kissing you with my eyes closed so tight."
Well I'm not that upset about it, but I did waste quite a lot of time doing that. And now I think I've wasted far too much time writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you {blank}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails