10 March 2010

What I {Am Glad I Didn't Try To Do} Today

So I have a confession.

I almost lied to you today.

What I'm about to tell you about actually happened yesterday.  I was going to try to pass it off as something I did today.  If you are in Georgia you would know that I was obviously lying because it is a rainy rainy day. But because of this nasty rain I'm glad I didn't try to do this today...

While feeding Mia her bananas (yup, I still have to sing the Gwen Stefani song) all she wanted to do was stick her hand in the bowl.

She spit up the other day when I wasn't looking.  I discovered her on her tummy smearing it all across the floor.

I figured, this kid wants to paint.

So I googled how to make homemade finger-paint safe for a 7 month old.

All you need is

Flour, salt, food coloring, and water

measure two cups of flour and two tsp of salt

pour in 2 and 1/2 cups cold water
stir until smooth
give the baby some reading material while you get 2 cups of water to a boil

pour your flour mixture into the boiling water.  Stir until thick and smooth.

It's super thick.  What I imagine "gruel" would look like...and probably taste like.
"Pu-pu-pu-please sir, can I 'ave s'more?"
I thought it was too thick, so I added more water. I also didn't realize this recipe was for a small army of children.  So next time I would half it.
Hurry up the baby's getting impatient!
divide into little cups
 Drop in some food coloring and give it a stir
Now strip baby down to a diaper
and let the magic happen
watch her as she contemplates her next move
this is exactly what I hoped would happen
That was fun!
 I hope that glob in the center will dry.

 Bold use of visible brushstrokes.

I can't wait for them to dry so we can hang them in her room.

What should we title them?

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i totally need to do this with olivia! I've been wanting to do art with her!

    ReplyDelete

What you {blank}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails