20 February 2010

Que J'ai {Mangé} Aujourd'hui

For my non francophile friends out there...

What I {Ate}Today

Earlier today Michelle was sitting in traffic and looked to her right.  She saw an unassuming brick building she had never glanced at before today.  Upon further inspection she discovered that she was looking at a French Bakery. 

She called me.

I googled.

We went.


It was so authentic and SO delicious!

I started with the tomato basil soup.  It was killer.

Michelle went with the caesar salad with homemade caesar dressing.  Killer as well.

Then I got the Panini Poulet.  There was chicken, tomatoes, a ton of melted brie, and this red onion spread. I cried a little it was so good.

Michelle got the Croque Madame.  It had turkey, sauce bechamel, cheddar cheese, and a fried egg on top.  I think she cried a little too.

After lunch we were dragged by some invisible force over to the bakery section.  There we purchased some goodies to bring home so we could devour them like dogs in the comfort of our own home.


Hello my loves.



These pictures could keep me from ever feeling hungry again.


Bonjour Tiramisu!


Je t'aime Strawberry Shortcake!


Zut alors! Pain au chocolat!


Oh la la...la baguette!  When we bought this it was still warm from the oven.  We flipped the baguette around in the bag trying to pretend we hadn't already ripped into it in the car.  It was so crispy on the outside, chewy and soft on the inside.  The bag smelled like France. 


ughughughughugh


Just look away.


I quickly set down the camera and Michelle and I destroyed this plate.  It was barbaric.  But so delicious.

In addition to gorging ourselves on food we went to a stationary shop and found these cool rings made from vintage buttons. We wanted them all.  We used some self control and bought three...each.  So we can share!


They were on sale! Can you really blame us?  These are the three I picked.


Please pardon my dry, un-manicured, freckled hands.


These are the three Michelle picked.


I heart them.


In unrelated news... Mia is learning to crawl!


She gets up on her hands and knees


and rocks back and forth...back and forth.  The legs know whats up.  The arms just aren't there yet.  It's a work in progress.


Apparently this baby looked super cute today.

I think it was the footwear.


Post Script : Mia is wearing a headband by Katie of blueeyedfreckle.  She makes FANTASTIC headbands for adults too. I have one. I heart it.  You should have one too. She also has a blog about all of the amazing things she makes.  She is incredibly talented so check her out!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout-out rachel!!! I am planning on doing a post on your shop when I get back to GA and get that adorable hat for olivia!! I can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete

What you {blank}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails