03 November 2010

What I {Found To Eat} Today

Sigh...

I'm on a new diet.

It's rough.

But I know I should do it.

We're doing South Beach.  Have you ever tried it?

Phase one is HARSH.

No carbs = No fun

Luckily this only lasts two weeks and then we move into phase two where we can reintroduce brown rice and whole grains oh and carrots I have never craved a carrot more than when I'm told I can't have one.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR PHASE TWO!

I kind of hate breakfast and all foods associated with breakfast.  With my new lifestyle I have been forced to try to eat things like eggs (blagh) and turkey bacon (blaaaghghgh).  I'm more of a bagel, muffin, cereal kinda gal so I've been VERY HUNGRY.

I tried scrambled eggs and basically just swallowed them. Gross.

I tried a fried egg and the dogs got most of that. Yuck.

I've just been giving up and eating my 18 allotted nuts. Soooo filling.

So today I tried a poached egg. I had it with some sliced avocado and a "Mock Hollandaise" sauce.

Verdict: I ate it.  So I guess that's a step in the right direction.

After looking up several recipes for the sauce I decided to make up one of my own since we don't have egg substitute around here.

Here is my very accurate and scientific recipe:

Rachel's Tolerable Mock Hollandaise Sauce

  • 1 large spoonful of mayonnaise
  • 1 large spoonful of sour cream
  • 2 globs of dijon mustard
  • The juice of one lemon slice
  • Cayenne pepper to taste
  1. Combine all ingredients in a micro safe bowl.
  2. "Nuke" it for about 30 seconds 
  3. Stir and serve over whatever you can swallow for breakfast
  4. Thank me later

Does your mom say stuff like "I'll just nuke it in the microwave for a bit"?

Cause mine does.  Makes me chuckle every time.

That, and when she says, "it's just balmy today" hahaha oh man that one kills me!

So I'm really looking forward to the end of phase one but I guess the good news is that I've lost 4 pounds.  Wooooot.

ANYWAYS, enough complaining.

Let me tell you about Halloween!

Remember how I mentioned making Mia's costume?  Well here it is in all its glory.



 She was a little Hershey Kiss!




A very chocolaty Hershey Kiss 




 CUTENESS

She won the neighborhood costume contest btw.

Well, she won for her age bracket...

There was only one other kid...

But she still won!

I went to a Halloween party.



No one had any idea who I was.  



Apparently no one watches TV anymore.





But for those in the know, I think we can all agree I was pretty accurate!


You may be asking yourself, who's this guy?

He was a Snuggie! Get it?  He wasn't wearing a Snuggie, he was the Snuggie.  It was his idea and as a team we made it actually happen. Really last minute.  As in right before we left for the party.  But that's when you get your best ideas.

Oh, you what to actually know WHO he is?

He's the guy that made me go on the terrifying rides at the fair.  And got me lost in a corn maze. And made me go to Carrolton, GA. I guess we can call him my beau.  

Dahlonega was a huge FAIL this year. I don't even have any pictures to show you.  There were a ton more people and the vibe just wasn't the same. We ended up cutting our trip short.  Sad face...

So that's what been up lately.  How was your Halloween?

Oh and one more thing I've been thinking about...  Why the hell are we starting a diet just before Thanksgiving!?!?

Ok I promise I'm done complaining.  For now.


Post Script: As a special treat I have some new Vivian pics to share! Yaaaaaay




Vivi and her German grandparents




Aww look at G'ma and Vivi! 

My mom is the first Hwitty that got to go over and meet the baby in person.  I can't wait until it's my turn!



Balding babies are so funny looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What you {blank}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails