19 October 2010

What I {Discovered Is Very Different From When I Was A Kid} Today

I used to love rides.

Now I kind of hate them.

I know this because I recently went on a date (yes, those do happen occasionally) to a county fair.

The guy totally gets points for the fair idea. Making me go on the rides however...

I convinced him to go easy on me with the first ride.  It was basically a ski lift thing that went across the length of the fairgrounds.  It moved like 5mph.  I had a death grip on the lap bar the entire time.

FlickrDroid Upload

I do love the way everything looked that night though.

FlickrDroid Upload

I got that same excited feeling I did as a kid.

FlickrDroid Upload

But now there was a dash of fear mixed in there.

FlickrDroid Upload

There were all these old timey steam engines which were crazy cool to look at.  I wish I had had a legit camera.

FlickrDroid Upload

I don't know what this thing is called, but I feel like I've seen one before.  Its like a giant music box with a full band playing the songs. Again it looked much better in person.  Damn camera phone!

A funnel cake was a also consumed but really you don't want to see what that looked like...

WARNING: The next few images might frighten you.  They also might alter your world view so proceed with caution... 

Everyday Mia and I watch Sesame Street.  It's her favesies.

She's a huge Elmo fan.  I personally prefer Murray and his little lamb, Ovejita.  Murray is kind of the host for the show these days but he does star in his own segment called "Murray Has a Little Lamb".  It's my favesies.  First off the intro song is awesome.  And Murray is so funny and Ovejita is so clever. I could go on but just see for yourself...


So I was thinking, Murray goes out into the "real world" a lot more than most Street characters. So how do they keep the magic alive for the little ones?  Well I googled and...

They don't.

Joseph Joey Mazzarino Murray Monster On Sesame Street
{source}

Joseph Joey Mazzarino Murray Monster On Sesame Street
{source}

{source}

How weird!

Was I the only kid didn't know they were puppets?  

{source}

{source}

It's just too weird to look at Sesame Street this way.  

{source}
{source}
The kids don't look totally freaked out so I guess the Street peeps know what their doing.


How about you? Any childhood revelations? 

3 comments:

  1. Watching powdered sugar from the funnel cake stream down your face.....hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know about you, but i'm a little annoyed that all the kids shows are drilling spanish so much. i mean how about a little diversity? or at least perfecting the english they're not already speaking properly? i have nothing against spanish. and i'm all for kids being bilingual. i just wish there were more choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but i have to admit that the theme song rocks and that i really like the name "ovejita"

    ReplyDelete

What you {blank}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails